Monday, March 10, 2014

Menu Monday #44

We had a busy weekend celebrating Ethan's 5th birthday! Friday night's party at Wallabies was a success. The kids had a great time and loved running around playing together. It was a great party venue and they were very easy to work with that evening!

On Saturday morning, I made whole wheat pumpkin pancakes with cream cheese icing, per the boys' request, for us and my parents. Then it was party prep time! Unfortunately, the guest list dropped from 11 to 4 the day before, so I was glad I waited to shop for food! I still made everything I was planning on making, but scaled it back to much smaller amounts. More about all of the party details coming soon!!

On Sunday morning, Josh made our usual egg sandwiches for breakfast, along with hash browns, and I put together a fruit salad. Both sets of grandparents were there for breakfast before leaving for Ohio later that day. The boys loved getting to spend time with all of them for a couple days!

So our diet definitely took a hit this weekend with all of the festivities, but we're both still doing great overall. I'm down 17 pounds now and Josh is down 14! We'll ease back into things this week, and I'll try to make things stricter again next week. :)

Sunday: Blackened salmon, brown rice, roasted asparagus
It was a gorgeous day, so we broke out the new grill for one of our favorite meals. We used Josh's homemade cajun seasoning on the salmon.

Monday: Grilled chicken breast, roasted red potatoes, steamed corn
Another warm, sunny day = more grilling! I marinated the chicken in Kraft's Zesty Italian dressing all day. For the potatoes, I dice them into 1/2" cubes, drizzle with EVOO, freshly ground pepper and sea salt, Mrs. Dash's garlic & herb seasoning, and a little grated parmesan. It's not corn on the cob season yet, so I steamed some frozen corn instead.

Tuesday: Grilled pork chops, mac 'n cheese, baked beans
One more gorgeous day, so one more grilled meal. The boys are always begging for mac 'n cheese, so  I know they'll appreciate that and the baked beans.

Wednesday: Brown butter chicken and crispy sage, roasted squash risotto, roasted balsamic green beans and mushrooms
I think this chicken will go well with risotto, so I hope it's tasty!

ThursdayTomato basil pasta
As the cold weather comes back, this yummy pasta meal will heat things up inside!

Friday: Out to eat
Not sure what I'll be in the mood for, but we'll go out somewhere.

Saturday: TBD
We'll probably go out again, unless I decide to make some pizza.


What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)