Friday, May 29, 2015

Homemade Cajun Seasoning

I know I promised this ages ago, but I'm finally delivering, since I took pics while making a batch up the other night. ;) Here it is, our recipe for Cajun seasoning. I use this seasoning in sooooo many of my recipes. Anytime anything calls for Cajun, which for us is a good number of meals that we eat (i.e., Cajun Chicken Pasta, Cajun Stuffed Peppers, Crispy Shrimp pasta, Orange Dijon Pork Tacos, on grilled/blackened salmon, etc), I use this! It's simple, easy to make, and then you know exactly what's in it. :) It has the perfect balance of spice, with a hint of sweetness. Enjoy!


Cajun Seasoning

Ingredients:

  • 3 tsp paprika
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper, ground

Directions:
Combine all of the spices in a small, airtight jar or container. Shake it up to ensure everything is mixed together well. Store in a cool, dry place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)