He's a big boy now!
|Patiently waiting for the doctor!|
|Snuggling his elephant!|
Noah sleeps around 10-11 hours a night and is still taking one nap a day, anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours, in the afternoon. He'll soon be moving in with Ethan, to share the bunk beds in his room. I'm hoping that goes well and doesn't mess up his schedule (fingers crossed)!
|Loved his first corn on the cob!|
New accomplishments the past 6 months:
- Teeth 12-16 made their appearance
- A word explosion around 23 months
- Taking off his clothes by himself
- Identifying most colors and some letters
|Brushing those tiny teeth!|
All of the sudden, something clicked and Noah started saying all kinds of things - hundreds of words now! Quite the opposite of his big brother, so it has been a new experience for me hearing a little one talking so much. It's quite helpful! Noah is very decisive and will give you a distinct "yes" or "no" when you ask him a question. It is so cute how he says them so matter of fact-ly. He repeats back to us most words we say to him, so his vocabulary continues to increase by the day! He is able to use everything in the correct context and he has great diction, too.
|Streaking through the house!|
|After dinner dance party!|
He is doing pretty well with saying the major colors when asked what color an object is. He has also started saying what some letters are when he sees them, too. I used to work with the foam letters with Ethan, in the bathtub, a lot at this age, so I need to start with Noah. It's hard with a big brother there who wants to chime in with the correct answers as quickly as he can! :/
Noah had a great year. As the second to go through this stage, I can say that I definitely love this age the most. They learn so much and change so much the second year. They start to gain some independence (in Noah's case, a lot of independence!) and self-sufficiency, but still welcome plenty of cuddles. As he is figuring out the world around him, his little personality is definitely starting to show. He is still the best hugger ever, very empathetic like his big brother, but with a little temper on him, too. If he doesn't like something, he has no problem giving scowls and swats, but the next moment he can pour on the charm with a "yes, please," or "bless you," or "love you!" He loves dancing, singing, reading, playing with his big brother (most of the time), and cuddling with Mommy and Daddy. He is an all-around pretty awesome little guy!
- What is your favorite color? "yellow"
- What is your favorite toy? Legos and "airplanes"
- What is your favorite fruit? strawberries and bananas
- What is your favorite tv show? America's Funniest Videos
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? cheesesticks, "trail mix" and applesauce
- What is your favorite outfit? shirts with trucks
- What is your favorite game? anything with Daddy
- What is your favorite snack? "fruit snacks"
- What is your favorite animal? "fishies" and "lions"
- What is your favorite song? Gangnam Style
- What is your favorite book? The Very Lazy Lion and The Very Silly Shark
- Who is your best friend? "brother"
- What is your favorite cereal? "Cheerios"
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? go down the "slide"
- What is your favorite drink? "water" and milk
- What is your favorite holiday? birthday
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? elephant and raggy
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? pancakes
- What is your favorite dinner? chicken and mac 'n cheese
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Daddy
While not our firstborn, Noah continues to keep us on our toes, as his own little person. He amazes us daily with the things that he says and does and we look forward to what this year will bring with it. Happy 2nd birthday, Noah. We love you!