Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Baby Bump Update: Week 28

Here I am at 28 weeks!


For some reason, it seems like ages since my last bump update. Overall, the pregnancy seems to be flying by now though. I can't believe I'm in my 3rd trimester!


Week of Pregnancy: 28 weeks

Baby size: Baby is about the size of a large eggplant this week!




Baby is almost 15 inches long from head to heel and weighs around 2 1/4 pounds. In the funnier, Dad-to-Be Edition of How Big is Baby? that I discovered, our little guy is as big as a kid's lunchbox this week! Wow!




Symptoms: Back and hip pain are still probably my biggest complaints. Trying to turn from side to side brings excruciating pain and often leaves me awake now in the middle of the night. :( My back is also getting worse, with pain shooting down my right leg, and making it difficult to walk at times. I fear the bulging lumbar discs in my lower back are flared up again, causing this loveliness. Ugh. In the past week or so, I've also started experiencing some dizziness, cold sweats, and general malaise. I'm hoping it resolves itself soon, but I plan on changing my diet up a bit to include more frequent small meals than 3 bigger meals, to see if this helps.

Food cravings: I haven't had a lot of specific cravings lately, but have been wanting sweets all. the. time. I'm trying to start ignoring those cravings though. I've put on about 15 pounds so far, and with 12 weeks still to go, I definitely don't want to gain more than the average pound per week!

Food aversions: Nothing really here now.

What I'm excited about: My next OB visit and the 4D ultrasound!! We'll be going on my birthday for that appointment, so it will be a great present to see our little guy in detail! :)

What I've done to prepare for baby: Sadly, nothing since my last post. I really need to get moving because we have under 3 months left now!! Craziness.

Funny moment: When discussing baby names a couple weeks ago, Ethan and I suggested a name to Josh that he didn't like. So, I told Ethan we needed to keep thinking. He got that familiar twinkle in his eye, and piped up with "Josh!" He thinks it is hilarious to call us by our first names now that he a) knows them, and b) knows that it drives us nuts! So, he thought he was being pretty funny suggesting that we name the little guy Josh. Haha!

Everything looked/sounded great at my OB appointment yesterday morning. Baby's heartbeat was strong around 155, I was measuring right on target, and my blood pressure is still good. I'm anxiously awaiting the results of my 1-hour glucose test now. I did fine with Ethan and Noah, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about this one since everything seems to be different than my first 2 pregnancies. I'm learning this time around that if I expect things to go differently than I plan/want, then I won't be disappointed, just happy if things go well! Haha! So, we shall see!

7 comments:

  1. Third trimester- homestretch now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! It will definitely be a looooong summer though! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great - I love your detailed update. I wish I had something like that from my pregnancies - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicolette SpringerJune 25, 2013 at 8:44 PM

    You look awesome! I had similar leg pain during my last pregnancy to the point that is was very uncomfortable to walk at times. I found some relief by sitting on my exercise/birthing ball periodically throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thank you!! Yeah, I'm kind of bummed that I didn't do it the first 2 times!! It's amazing how many things you forget about pregnancy, even after just 2 years! With each baby, I've become better at documenting everything. I guess because with each one, I become more and more forgetful! ;) Haha! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much!! I'm certainly not feeling awesome, so that's nice to hear! :) Thank you so much for the suggestion! I have one of those that I've never really used, so I need to dig it out of the closet and give it a try! :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay- welcome to the third trimester :) love the striped shirt !

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)