Thursday, May 23, 2013

Baby Bump Update: Week 24

Here I am at 24 weeks!

 

I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going now! Unfortunately, I've already managed to lose my beach tan, so I guess I'll have to work on that now that things are really heating up in TN!


Week of Pregnancy: 24 weeks, 2 days

Baby size: Baby is the length of an ear of corn this week!






Baby is about a foot long from head to heel and weighs around 1 1/4 pounds.







Symptoms: Back and hip pain are still probably my biggest complaints right now. I turn from side to side all night long to try to stay comfortable. My back has seen better days, and my neck has had a lot of problems lately. With the help of some maximum strength Pepcid and sleeping with my head elevated on 2 pillows, the acid reflux is doing better though!

Food cravings: The same things I've been craving.

Food aversions: After a morning of feeling sick last week, I decided I need to wait a big longer on the morning coffee. I don't have any problems with my iced drink at Starbucks a couple times a week in the afternoon though! ;)

What I'm excited about: Now that we know Baby Seeley #3 is a boy, I'd like to start making a few things for him. I now have my grandmother's sewing machine here at my house, so I'm excited to reacquaint myself with a sewing machine! With this baby being just a couple months behind Noah's birthday, all of his clothes should fit perfectly, so we're good to go there. We can leave the nursery the same as it is, but I'm thinking about getting some new decor this time. :)

What I've done to prepare for baby: I've started thinking of names...always a "fun" time. Haha! Josh and I usually don't agree on names, so it's somewhat exhausting trying to come up with something we can both be happy with. We always wait until we know the sex of the baby, so at least we only have to worry about one set of names!

Funny moment: After the gender reveal pics, poor Ethan was quite upset when we explained to him that the blue middle to the cupcakes meant that he was getting another brother. He said, "No!!! I want a sister!" He still doesn't want to believe that it's really another boy in there. Poor guy.

Everything looked/sounded great at my OB appointment this morning. Baby's heartbeat was strong in the 140s and I was actually measuring at 26. Maybe this baby won't be late like his brothers?? Definitely a possibility since they moved my due date back 5 days from the original date. Next up, the dreaded glucose test at my 28-week appointment. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)