Thursday, April 25, 2013

Baby Bump Update: Week 20

Here I am at 20 weeks! I can't believe we're halfway there already!!


At least I have a tiny bit of color this time, which isn't saying much, but better than my skin matching my white tank top! Haha! Hoping to have a nice tan after our upcoming beach trip!! :)


Week of Pregnancy: 20 weeks, 2 days

Baby size: Baby is the length of a banana this week!






Baby is about 6 1/2 inches from head to bottom, and 10 inches from head to heel. Baby weighs between 1/2 and 3/4 pound.






Symptoms: It appears that the nausea may have finally subsided within the last week. Whew. Back and hip pain are probably my biggest complaints right now. It's hard to get comfortable for sleeping and I feel like my back is going to give out on me most of the time when I stand up. Acid reflux is up there, too. I don't remember these things starting this early with my other pregnancies, so I hope it's not a long ~20 weeks to go!

Food cravings: EGGS! More specifically, sunny side up eggs. Growing up, we called these "dipped" eggs, because we dipped our toast into the runny yolks to soak it up. So good. As an adult, this is something I usually only have when we're visiting my parents, but I have been craving them so much the past few weeks. I am fortunate that Josh has been making them for me now every weekend. :) I could probably eat them every single day, but we may have to invest in some chickens for that to happen!

Food aversions: Nothing specific. I'm finally able to drink my morning coffee again now, though! Woo hoo!

What I'm excited about: My 20-week ultrasound!! We haven't found out the sex yet, as we are waiting to find out when we get family pics taken in a couple of weeks. We'll be doing a gender reveal with cupcakes! :)

Baby Seeley looked great - measured right on with my due date, and weighed in at 13 ounces!

What I've done to prepare for baby: Sadly, still nothing, at this point, unless you count buying maternity clothes for myself?? That should be changing soon, once we know the sex!

Funny moment: The other night Ethan said, "It will be so good when the baby is here. I can give the baby the toys I don't play with anymore. Like some race cars." So I asked, "What if the baby is a girl? Will she want race cars?" Ethan responded, "Not the preschool girls, but the baby will." So, I clarified, "Oh, so the girls at preschool don't like cars, but a baby sister will want your cars?" Ethan said, "Yep!" :)

Just for fun, I looked through some old pics to find the pic on the right...so here's a pic of Ethan with my 20-week belly this year, and then almost exactly 2 years ago, with my 27-week belly!



He'll make such a great big brother...again!

Noah is excited to be a big brother, too, even if you can't really tell in this pic, taken while we waited for my doctor this morning. ;)


I can't wait to return in a couple weeks to reveal the gender of baby #3!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are half way there either! And I can't wait to hear what you are having! You look fantastic--so gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! This pregnancy is flying by now!! Me too, haha - it has been so hard waiting this long!! Aww, you are too sweet! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)