Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Baby Bump Update: Week 16

So here I am at 16 weeks...

16 weeks!16 weeks!

Um, can we tell who needs to go to the beach to get a tan?? Yikes! Though not flattering, I want to try to get a pic in the same top through the pregnancy, so I picked that white tank top because I know it will fit at the end and it will be nice and cool for the hot summer! :)


Week of Pregnancy: 16 weeks

Baby size: Baby is the size of an avocado this week!

baby is size of avocado



Baby is 4 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and weighs ~3 1/2 ounces. 

So, I guess I can't say the 6 pounds I've gained now is all from the baby. Oh well. Not too bad. ;)






Symptoms: The nausea has stuck around, but is getting better. This past week I have been able to survive without the Zofran, but TUMS are still my best friend to help with stomach issues. That value size bottle is disappearing quite quickly! While I had to invest in Imodium A-D last month when I had the stomach virus, this month I am having the opposite problem. For real. I had neither of these issues with my previous 2 pregnancies, and I am not thrilled with these new problems this time. :( All of my ligaments are definitely relaxing because my body is snapping, cracking and popping like never before! I feel like a bowl of Rice Krispies! Ooh that sounds good...

Food cravings: Speaking of cereal, I am still craving it (I love a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats before bed at night), string cheese, and other comfort foods. Add to that list fruit, especially pineapple and all things lemon (I craved lemon with Noah, too!). My latest craving is Cape Cod's salt and vinegar chips (I ate so many yesterday that I think I burned my tastebuds off my tongue...yikes!) and pineapple-cranberry juice. These two items go great together, by the way! ;) I never had weird cravings with the boys, so that one if kind of new for me.

Food aversions: Nothing specific, but a lot of things still don't sound good to me most days.

What I'm excited about: Feeling the little bean move!! Just this past weekend I've started to feel the flutters. So awesome! I didn't feel either of the boys moving this early, but I definitely notice it this time if I am lying really still in the morning or at night. I'm pretty sure the little bean is getting the hiccups a lot, too. :) I had a dream last night that the little bean is a boy, but my dreams have been wrong before, so we'll see in a month!

What I've done to prepare for baby: Still nothing, at this point. I'm dying to go shopping though!!!

Funny moment: While watching baby videos with the boys last week, we watched a video about getting an epidural. Ethan said, "Ouch! I never want that!" I said, "Don't worry, Ethan, you can't have babies. Only girls can have babies." Ethan, thinking to himself for a minute, "So, Rachel (his cousin) can have babies when she grows up?" I said, "Yes, she can have babies." Ethan's response, "Well, I'll be like Daddy when I grow up and grill hotdogs." Um, ok, yeah, that's pretty much the same thing. ;) Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)