- 2 cups Bisquick mix (I use the Heart Healthy mix)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- Sugar (to taste, I don't measure this, but it's probably ~1/4 cup)
- Pumpkin puree (I didn't measure this either, but I think ~1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- Dash of cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, melted
- Heavy cream (I used just a dash - less than 1/4 cup)
- Powdered sugar (I didn't measure this either, but maybe 1/4 cup?)
Preheat griddle to 250-275 degrees. Mix all ingredients for pancakes together until well blended. Pour batter onto griddle and cook until bubbles surface, then flip and cook for another few minutes until cooked through completely. While pancakes are cooking, prepare the topping. Melt the cream cheese in the microwave (I nuked it for one minute at 50%) and stir in some heavy cream and powdered sugar until a nice consistency and taste is achieved. To serve, spread the cream cheese mixture onto the pancakes and top with whipped topping if desired.
These were absolutely heavenly. It was almost like eating dessert for breakfast! Maybe not a "healthy" food, but the pumpkin and cinnamon are nice nutritious add-ins. :) I thought I would post this before Thanksgiving in case you wanted to prepare this super yummy breakfast item for your family on Thanksgiving morning. It's a perfect way to wake up and start the holiday! :) Let me know what you think!!