Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Noah is Three Months Old!

Where does the time go? It's hard to believe that Noah turned three months old last week. It seriously feels like we were just bringing him home from the hospital not that long ago! He is such a big boy already too!! Our little "fathead" (as we affectionately refer to him based on his big head and overall chub, hehe) gained 1 pound, 6 ounces to weigh in this month at a whopping 14 pounds, 10 ounces (75th to 90th percentile). He grew just half an inch to measure up at 24 inches (50th percentile) as well. I haven't measured his head yet, but I am guessing it is on the higher end of the norm. ;) What can I say, he has inherited the Frank head for sure! I guess that is fitting to take after his namesake, Grandpa John Frank. :) He is definitely our chubby little guy because he is in the 75th to 90th percentile for height-to-weight ratio as well. Ethan was always super tall and skinny and under the 10th percentile for that category, but Noah's thigh rolls confirm that he is packing on more pounds than his big brother did. ;) I love it!  Here is a pic of our little cutie at 3 months old, wearing the 12-month onesie.


And here is a pic of Ethan at 3 months with Noah's pic. I still can't get over how similar they look! Poor Noah appears to be even more bald, which I didn't think was possible. I guess that is another trait inherited from his momma! What little hair he does have is a very nice shade of strawberry blond. His eyes are still very blue and I'm thinking they may actually stay that color. We will see though. It took Ethan's at least 9 months before they started turning brown.


Noah is gaining more personality every day. He loves smiling and laughing at us and has discovered his hands and apparently, how tasty they are! He is sleeping fairly well at night. He sleeps for around 12 hours, but it varies on how many times he wakes up during that period. He has gone 9 hours straight, but not very many times yet. He usually gives me about a 6 hour stretch, then smaller, 2 to 4 hour stretches. He normally takes a pretty decent afternoon nap. I try to time it up with Ethan's naps as often as possible which usually allows me at least an hour or two of peace. Ahhh. He still takes a short morning and evening nap too at this point. He continues to nurse every 2 to 3 hours during the day. You can't get those cute rolls without eating that much! ;) Fortunately he is quick and efficient and only needs 10 minutes to eat! I definitely think he will be ready to start cereal next month. He has already started eyeing our dinner plates and his neck/head control is great. He loves sitting in the bumbo and looking around at everything. He seems to find his big brother to be quite fascinating and loves "playing" cars with him already! :) He has been rolling from his tummy to his back since he was born, but just recently rolled from his back to his stomach for the first time. Unfortunately, we all missed it. :( I had laid him down on his back while I went into the kitchen to get something for Ethan and when I came back around the corner, there he was on his belly!! Silly boy! We're still waiting for him to do that one again. The boy also loves to be naked. He squeals with delight every time it's time to change him! haha. Fortunately for us, he is a good traveler, which has been nice with all of the trips we have been making lately. Hopefully we will soon find a place in Tennessee and we can settle in to a good routine.

Here is an adorable video of Noah's newfound laughter. :)


One more pic of our adorable guys. Ethan (or "Big Boy" as he refers to himself 24/7) has been such a great helper with Noah (which has even included him recently trying to "feed" him with his boobies - too funny!) As I was taking these pics, he was tickling Noah to get him to smile. :) I love these guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)