Monday, January 31, 2011

My Little Monkey and a Re-cap of January

So my New Year's resolution to post more often isn't going so well. :( In my defense, we haven't really had very many blog-worthy events around here lately though. ;)

We enjoyed some snow on Christmas Day in Georgia! First snowfall since 1882 on Christmas! It was quite magical to watch the snow fall as we sat at the dining room table eating our Christmas dinner! We stuck around here for a few days, then headed north to visit our families for the holiday. It was a long ride up, but we enjoyed the trip in the spacious, new van and had a great time visiting with everyone! Ethan was spoiled rotten, as usual, by his grandparents and aunts and uncles, but we managed to almost get everything in the van for the trip home! haha.

January has been a pretty relaxing month with lots of time spent in the house with unseasonably cool temps. We did enjoy a wonderful weekend though yesterday, with temps hitting 72 both Saturday and Sunday! It was delightful to get outside and run around and just soak up the sunshine. I even managed to get a little sunburnt! :)

This past Thursday, Ethan and I headed to Newnan for a playdate with Ethan's buddy, Aiden, and his mom, Tanya. We decided to visit Monkey Joe's, a local bouncehouse, for some indoor fun! We hadn't been in almost a year and I was curious as to how Ethan would do. As expected, he was a little timid at first, but once he saw the fun that Aiden was having, he joined right in! To my dismay, his favorite of course, was the big boy slide (which required the longest climb to the top)! So, I got quite the workout climbing the ladder about 20+ times with him to keep sliding down. It was wonderful to see the joy on his face, but my body definitely let me know how out of shape I am! haha. Here are a couple of my favorite pics from the day along with a video, complete with a little WWE action at the end! No worries, they were having a good time. ;)




I recently switched obstetricians and have been very happy so far with my new doctor, Dr. Bowie, in LaGrange. It will be nice making the 20 minute trip to his office versus the 40 minute trips to my old OB in Newnan. This also means that I will be delivering at the hospital in LaGrange now, instead of the hospital in Newnan. West Georgia Health recently updated their women's center, so it will be great to enjoy the delivery experience in a nice, new facility! :) I am now almost 17 weeks along and everything has sounded great thus far with the little "kumquat." :) Thankfully I have moved on from the nausea of the first trimester and I am feeling great now. I am scheduled for an ultrasound next Tuesday and I must admit that I can't wait to find out the sex!! That means just 8 more days for you to guess what it is! Will there be a pink nursery in our future? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)