Ethan turned five months old last week. Where does the time go?!? Since last month, the skinny little guy is finally packing on some pounds, and has gained a pound and a half to weigh in right at 16 lbs, which is right on the 50th percentile, making him normal (if you can call someone in our family that, haha). His height growth has slowed, just growing a 1/2 inch to measure up at 27 inches this month, which is still in the 90th percentile. He is still only in the 3rd-10th percentile for height to weight ratio, but that number is increasing! Head growth is staying right on target at 43 cm, dead on the 50th percentile again.
New foods tried this month:
- Green beans
- Oatmeal cereal
- Sweet peas
The green beans was pretty much a disaster. He behaved as though we were torturing him in some way, which isn't completely surprising considering his mommy's hatred of all things green when she was little. The oatmeal cereal went very well (just like the rice), which we figured it would based on his love of rice cereal. The sweet peas went surprisingly well after the teary fits that the beans caused! Next up, another try at the beans, then on to carrots!
New accomplishments this month:
- Sitting up forward in the high chair to eat (he is very eager and gets his little mouth open wide like a baby bird in anticipation - he knows what is coming as soon as he gets put in the chair!)
- "Scootching" all over the floor and crib (and starting to get into mommy and daddy's things! I think it may be time to get that baby gate installed at the top of the stairs!)
- Getting up on hands and knees (but no forward movement with this, yet)
- Putting the pacifier back in himself (and he always puts it in upside down, so hopefully that means he won't be OCD like his mommy! :) haha)
- Sleeping on his tummy most of the time now
- Laughing - and not just little giggles, actual hardy laughing (he's ticklish!)
Below is a pic of Ethan at five months, once again wearing a 12-month onesie. I still don't see a big change from the last month (which being around him 24/7, I guess I probably won't notice any!), but at least I caught a great smile this month! :)